Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Off The Edge!


Happy Tuesday!!!!! Happy Back to school !!! My kiddos head back to school today Ryan is entering 4th grade and Abbey is heading to 6th (middle school). Every year at this time I start to get a little emotional about how much they have grown and where the time has gone. It is really hard to believe that my baby girl is in MIDDLE school. As a kid, I remember middle school being the strangest of the school years. Trying to figure out who you are, who your friends are, where you fit in....Oh man, I hope the transition is a easy one for her. Then you have my baby boy, who is right in the middle of elementary school.....seriously, where did the time go......before I know it they will be off to college and I will still be crying about it (hahaha).  Also, for the first time in many years, I am not a student (although I may take a class, cause I can't help myself). Wow...this is definitely a change for us. Instead of being a student, I am Nurse looking for employment....weird!
   Well, I have been doing a lot of crafting, but not much of making cards, I am still doing lots of journaling, and with this weeks "Off The Edge" challenge, I thought I would share one of the journal pages I created. Although this is not completed, I love the way it is turning out...I drew the sunflower and used paint to create the edges and splatter. Not real sure what the writing on this page will be, but I sure did have fun creating it.
   Last weeks Back to school challenge was a super fun one and I really enjoyed checking out all you creations, but as always I can only pick 3, so Last weeks TOP 3 are:
                   
                                                                  JoHam: I loved that you made the pencil embellishments yourself.
Linda: Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the Bows!
Dee: You really captured the challenge theme!

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!

Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing "Off the Edge" Creations!

 Mary

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC128.....Have a great day and happy creating



4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Your sunflower is beautiful!!! Great job!

Margo said...

I have a Ryan entering grade 4 as well!!
And a Colten entering grade 8!

Unknown said...

This is looking so cute. Beautifully designed. I have worked at Plastic card printing company and this card inspire me so much. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

dj1952 said...

Beautiful work by the DT. Great challenge. Hugs, dj1952